Sunday 22 April 2012

Earth Day vol. 2

We bought the worm composter! But unfortunately, we won't be able to use it for about 2 weeks, since worms didn't come with.

If you get the chance, check out this blog, it's an up-and-coming permaculture group sprouted from Calgary artist collective Light and Soul. We got our composter from them at Market Collective today!

Also, today Evan and I invested in some super cool shoes.




I've been seeing these around for a pretty long time now and always thought they were pretty neat. Today I tried them on, and it was love. They feel amazing. I wouldn't say they feel like barefoot, but they are definitely the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned. In fact, I am wearing them right now. Inside. I like that they allow you to interact with your surroundings in a way we're not used to (here, anyway). The Vibram company is a part of the barefoot movement, which I think is really cool. Only 20% of the world's population wears shoes! Weird to think about, but shoes actually damage your feet! It makes sense, once you realize that, similar to shampoo, the human body did not evolve to need them. However, living in an urbanized locale can definitely present hazards to the barefooted. That's why these shoes are so cool! Going barefoot or wearing these shoes actually strengthens the muscles in your feet and ankles, and toughens the soles of your feet, restoring their original purpose.

For more information regarding Vibrams and the barefoot movement, visit the Vibram website.

No comments:

Post a Comment