Tuesday 14 August 2012

Knitwhit!

Hello blog cohorts!

If you've noticed that I haven't been posting a lot at all lately, it might be because I haven't been inspired to write lately. It might also be because I have been knitting and crocheting a heapload. Both knitting and crocheting are skills that I learned at a fairly young age, and have recently fell in love with. After about five months attempting to knit a sock however, my passion receded for a spell. Luckily it has been revived! I crocheted a toque, a cell phone case, a small bag, and a belt and knit a lovely scarf.


My scarf!


Aaand a phone case.


I can't really begin to explain the immense amount of gratification I feel being able to produce something that I can wear or use for years for such a small amount of money, all the while experiencing the joy of creation! The only problem is that now I want to spin my own yarn which isn't really feasible while I'm living in town with my boyfriend's parents... sigh. 

I think my spare time is going to be occupied knitting/crocheting gifts for people. Which is great because I hate gift shopping. And the ordeal of receiving unnecessary/awkward gifts. 

One very cool thing: I bought a home-mushroom-growing kit thing and it's so neeeeat!




On a totally different note, we're moving to Victoria! Yahoo! I am so excited, partially because I am hoping I might be able to attempt growing a bougainvillaea :) 


Also, the possibility of being able to grow a garden somewhere where the lowest average winter temperature is 3 degrees is overjoying. I think I could probably build an overwinter garden frame and be able to have at least some veggies in January!

I will leave you with this link to a awesome crochet toque pattern that I used that was super easy and only took about 4 hours!

Until next time,
Brett




No comments:

Post a Comment